Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Swagger Meets the Standard

The Swag/Glamor [below]



Here's something that I'm currently struggling with. It's an age old problem that everyone experiences to varying degrees. For me the conflict between the beauty the glamor the way I carry myself and my goals my greater purpose and my inspiration is ongoing. Often times I can get so caught up in the way I present myself, and the luxuries I enjoy that I forget about or lose site of what I want for myself outside of superficiality.

Whether it be the choices I make with my financials, the partners I pursue,or the priorities I lay out in general I keep getting lost in my image and forgetting about my purpose. As an artist and a visual person I greatly appreciate all thing beautiful. Just by going through my other blog entries thats evident. I take the inspiration from what's around me and put it directly into my world. That amazes me almost enough to live off of. Too much of my energy my fuel is based solely on these outer imagery things and not enough on the more substantial things.

Don't get me wrong, I am always driven by a greater purpose like on the whole. However, in my everyday decision making I tend to let the swagger of Ronnie [the artist, the diva, the dancer, designer etc..] have too much power over the standards of Ronnell [the humanitirian, the activist, the role model]. Ususally these two sides can come across very fluid especially in my thinking. Like as long as it's coming from me I have a habbit to assume that it's coming from the right place. But in those instances where I've made the wrong choice or I'm stuck in an unmade decision I'm reminded of the necissity to priorities my thinking.

My swagger is an essential part of my existence as is everyone else's. But it is only one sector of the standard I hold myself to. I can lay out a countless number of situations where I've done things through my swagger and realized that strayed my life from my standard. So,take it from me, next time you make a choice think if it's coming from a place invested in how it'll make you look or a much deeper place of how it will impact your life's course.

The Standard/Purpose[below]


“The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life.” -- Albert Einstein


Bunches of Love<3
Ronnell ;~]

No comments:

Post a Comment