Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blinded Bigot: Open You Mind to Love

How am I to address you? What would really be the best way for me to deal with the complications of your mentality that manifest themselves in my existence as discrimination? You disturb me! Your narrow-minded ways limit a world of possibilities for everyone else including yourself but you can't even see that. I'm afraid you're to busy making sure everything works according to what you consider to be normal to stop & reevaluate your own thinking before you pass judgment on the world. The whole thing is just purely disgusting, like honestly. It actually frightens me to think about.

The scariest part is that you are everywhere. Even in me! There are instances where everyone falls into narrow-minded thinking. It often goes unnoticed because it happens so often that it's normal to all of us. That really scares the shit out of me. I am so scares that I'm paranoid. I'm so paranoid that I have to constantly check myself on my thoughts & where the base of my judgment comes from. I have to check the people around me to keep them from functioning on a narrow mind wave. I have to be open to allowing those same people the check my when necessary. That's part of why I love myself so much.

"The moment we choose to love, we begin to move against domination, against oppression. The moment we choose to love, we begin to move toward freedom, to act in ways that liberate ourselves and others." -- Bell Hooks

I make a conscious choice to leave myself open to new alternatives to life's obstacles. I'm always waiting with an open ear to hear what the next person has to say because they just might know something that I don't or they may have an idea that I haven't thought of & that's okay. We don't all have to be the same. I embrace diversity because without it things become repetitive & bland. Although I hold this to be my truth right now it took me a while to get it. Not all people end up "getting it" as some point in their growing process.

In fact, there are many people who have truly become bigots by nature. [It hurts me to think of how many of my relatives fall under this category] Those individuals are not very likely to be moved out of their way of thinking. It is there people who have a hard time really choosing to love themselves or anyone else for who they are. This whole cycle really shakes me to my core. It shows me the the importance of fighting for what's right, for what's equal, for all the love in the world. If not to go about person to person literally changing people's minds at least to be one less. One less racist, one less sexist, one less class-est, one less anti-Semite ect. If I can find people in my time to working along this same justice oriented model of thinking then I have a movement. The more people the stronger the force. The stronger the force the faster we move the world towards universal love.

I seriously believe the cure for close-mindedness is Love [as defined by Bell Hooks]

Bunches of Love<3

Ronnell:~]

1 comment: