Saturday, June 20, 2009

Let Them Have It

The whole concept of Beyonce transforming to Sasha Fierce once she hits the stage is a lot less foreign to me now. I’m starting to realize how I too have a similar experience when put in a position where I'm expected to perform. It seems like whenever I'm on stage or just in front of an audience an outside force takes over and I just go. It's a bit of out-of-body experience for me, really.

Every nerve I may have felt before hand or any stress I may have been holding on to morph into energy for in that moment when I'm on the spot & my inner artist takes over. Regardless if I’m dancing, giving a speech, doing a photo shoot, or singing karaoke I get out there & let them have it!

"There's only two types of people in the world
The ones that entertain and the ones that observe
Well baby I'm a put-on-a-show kinda girl..." -- Britney Spears

My mom says I'm an actor. She calls it acting, what happens once I'm on a stage. But I like to think of it as just me serving it up. There’s a crazy talented being that’s been “closeted” performer within me for so long that every time the opportunity presents itself all that confined stage presence is released. It's not so much the craving for the attention as it is the adrenaline that comes in putting on a show. Trust me, I choose to live my life drug free but, that rush gives me a high I can't live without.


Bunches of Love <3
Ronnell ;~]

No comments:

Post a Comment