Monday, June 29, 2009

Hard Headed

"Ronnell, you are hard headed. You don't like to listen to nobody. So when ever somebody tries to tell you what to do you don't like them. You're lazy & you don't like people who tell you to do stuff..."

So today my younger cousin stopped our conversation to tell me something about myself.

This was a really big eye opener for me. I had already come to terms with the issues I have with authority figures but never before so explicitly. A lot of what she said is true. It was just a shock to hear to from someone else let alone a younger person. I pride myself on being in touch with my ideas and emotions but it's always intriguing when someone close to me can interpret my thought process so accurately.

It may seem pretty funny, I laughed when she mentioned it to me, but it speaks to a truth in my being. I have a hard time working under the "rule" of other people unless they earn my respect first. Not all my family members have done that, but a whole lot of them try to take on that dominating authoritative role. It's all a part of my struggle but it makes me who I am so I work with it.



She knows me just as well as I know myself. Love this girl.

Ronnell ;~]

No comments:

Post a Comment